Welcome to my blog, this is so long overdue!!!
So I though I’d start this by sharing with you my adventures from last year. 2014 was my busiest travel year ever and I went on 9 holidays!!! Now normally I tend to go on about 2 “big” holidays a year but last year my plans fell through. So I figured it would be the year of the weekend holidays.
I’m going to condense the recap into 3 parts so only a small description for each one.
#1 Jan – Paris
A little weekend shopping trip to Paris. Now to be honest, I’m not a massive fan of Paris (sorry…) however….every time I go back I’d remember how gorgeous this city is.
#3 Mar – Gothenberg
We decided to visit Gothenberg to celebrate my birthday. We have always wanted to visit and as the prices were low we packed our bags for the 2nd largest city in Sweden.Where we found great food, friendly people and fantastic scenery.
One of the biggest attractions of the city are the Archipelago islands. There are over 20 of these islands along the coast of Gothenberg. As it was off peak season we ended up being one of the few visitors there. It was definitely a memorable experience for us walking around these islands.
#4 May – Verona, Lake Garda & Ferrara
Now this was definitely the most eventful trip of last year. I’m putting the “events” briefly below as otherwise this would be an essay. If you’re interested in more details then let me know.
1. We had the misfortune to meet the worst “flight buddy” ever!!! To give a taster he actually asked us to stop talking as he wanted to sleep!!!
2. After a 2 hrs ferry around Lake Garda, we suddenly remembered that we had not bought a parking ticket. So we had to go all the way back.
3. The fine was actually not that but where do you pay??? At a post office or police station. This being a Sat afternoon, both were shut!!! Luckily I was able to track down a policeman who opened up the station to let me pay! Phew!!!
4. Not realising there was a parade in Ferrara right between our b&b and the town centre. This meant we had to drive around for about 45mins before we found a car park. Resulting in no dinner that night as it was past midnight when we were able to check in.
5. We then forgot where we packed the car the next day….we did find the car at the end.
Despite all that it was a great holiday and would definitely go back!!!